Proverbs of the Scots
- A bad wound may heal but a bad name will kill
- A friend to all is a friend to none
- What cannot be helped must be put up with
- A fool may ask more than a wise man can ever answer
- Be happy while you're living, For you're a long time dead.
- Take care of your pennies and your dollars will take care of themselves.
- Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
- Better be ill spoken of by one before all than by all before one.
- Better keep the devil at the door than turn him out of the house.
Return to BlindKat's